This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Abounding Opportunities

Hope’s Outlets

Awhile back I blogged about Hope’s Outlets as my choice for donating my old paperback books.
-----link-----
http://bottomuppolitics.blogspot.com/2008/11/opportunities-abound.html
---------------
Last night I attended our Muskegon County Executive Meeting. Our purpose was to elect a new group of officers and discuss whatever “new direction” we felt the party should go in.

During the second part a fellow I hadn’t met before stood up and said that he and his wife had a food gleaners truck coming and if we knew of anyone who was in need to let them know. I gave him my email and told him to give me the details. He did, below is his reply. Notice Hopes Outlet is mentioned. Small world huh?
-----email-----
We will be having a 10,000 lb. Gleaner Truck on December 27th, 2008 at 1:00 PM, at the SE corner of Airline and Pontaluna in Fruitport, Michigan.  I purchased the food truck through Tim Taber from Hopes Outlet on Glade Street in Muskegon as a birthday present for my wife Wendi.  She wanted our immediate families to have the opportunity to serve others, and possibly give all of us a better appreciation of how blessed we have been.

If you know of anyone who has a need, please let them know that we will be there then.  If you know of a shut-in, or someone or some family without adequate transportation within a reasonable distance, please get us their name and address and we will attempt to deliver a portion of the food to them.

Currently we believe that our immediate families’ have provided us with plenty of volunteers to distribute the food effectively and efficiently.  What we would really like your help with is making sure that families’ with real need are reached.  If you have additional questions I can be reached at my office at 231-799-1230, or at home at 231-865-3992.

Thank you for your consideration,

Bill and Wendi Cooper
---------------
What a wonderful thing this couple is doing. This is so pure that I was taken aback. This was not done with political ends in sight. This was already a done deal before our meeting.
I have a friend (Marion) who runs the “other” neighborhood assoc. The Nelson Community Assoc. which I have blogged about before. I just helped him go around and solicit donations to his group from business’ downtown for his “luminaries” on Christmas Eve. You know the candles that are downtown Christmas Eve along the street. The luminaries and a parking lot for The Seaway Festival are the 2 fundraisers he holds to keep the food pantry he runs running. BTW, Carmen’s donated $20. I’ll see if Marion has any needy people he wants to help out. Who would benefit from the Cooper’s kindness.

Opportunities do abound for goodness in this world. One only has to open their eyes as they trip over them.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its nice to have good news once in a while to be sure. there is a special place waiting for people who perform such selfless deeds.

live dangerously said...

Welcome JGillman.
I was at our Carmen Group (A conservative coffee every Thursday morning) talking about those good deeds and how Republicans do them but they do them in private. Not in public. We had a discussion of how we as a County Party can do them with a little acknowledgement that we are Republicans doing those deeds. It is a fine line that the Dems don't seem to worry about. I guess it is part of our brand that we do.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

COUNTER