This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let Us Keep a Difference between Them and Us

Yesterday A piece of Evil was removed from the world.

We all know what that was, everyone and his brother is commenting on it, I won’t add to that cacophony of noise.

I will only echo Mayor Guillianie’s sentiment when confronted by Sean Hannity’s criticism of how we buried Osama Bin Laden at sea in a manner reflecting his religion. I agree with the Mayor that there is a difference between us and them. We stood tall in full view and will be judged by the mentally coherent by our deeds not our rhetoric.

I will also not take heed of those who are mentally incoherent in my decision making process.

So it goes with politics, the Conservatives have always tried to win the arguments and for the most part have; therefore the Liberals have usually tried to co/opt our slogans and manipulated them for their own purposes. Those purposes are usually diametrically opposed to what they are actually attempting to do.

The Conservatives have changed the dialogue of the upcoming political struggle about individual freedom. The Left has tried to co/opt the freedom issue. Their idea of freedom however has to do with the freedom of groups (such as unions) and their members instead of the freedom of the individual irrespective of what group he or she is in.

For those of you in Rio Linda, I want the freedom to live my life whatever race, color or creed I belong to. I want that individual freedom whether I belong to a union or not, whether I live in a rural area or the city, whether I make $5,000 a year or $500,000.

In a shameful display of Liberal rhetoric, Democrat Sen. Ben Nelson tried to frame the killing of Osama Bin Laden as an example of somehow dovetailing into his opposition to voter ID in Florida.

David Catanese writing for Politico wrote about it.
-----link-----
http://www.politico.com/blogs/davidcatanese/0511/Nelson_ties_bin_Laden_operation_to_voting_bill.html?showall
--------------

The shameless use of Bin Laden’s death by this Liberal makes me wonder to what extremes they would have gone if for example Pres. Bush had sent an assassination team into Pakistan to do what Pres. Obama just did.

Well I’ll leave that to your imagination. I’m surprised the Left hasn’t been up in arms about this yet. After the many things Pres. Obama has done contrary to what he said he’d do and contrary to what his extreme Left thought he’d do, I’m surprised they aren’t burning him in effigy as they so happily did to then Pres. Bush.

Here is my point. I think the Right is different than the Left. I refuse to hang anyone if effigy, if it needs doing then it will get done, and let people judge by my actions. I will refuse to use such a brutally necessary thing for such shallow political ends.

That end such as the “Right to Vote” argument Sen. Nelson is using is a pretty big reach even on the face of it without the whole Bin Laden tie in.

In Mi. for example the Sec. of State, Ruth Johnson has reported Mi voters registered in record numbers. In fact 102% of the eligible voters registered.

This is where the real “Right to Vote” battle is being fought. That is where Ruth Johnson is trying to close the loopholes that keep out multiple votes being cast by the same person, denying my right to vote.

This is where Conservatives like Ruth Johnson are different from Ben Nelson.

I’m happy with that difference.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments:

COUNTER