This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Servant Leadership for the 91st

Breaking News – 91st District.




Ken Punter of Ravenna has made a pre announcement that he will throw his hat into the ring to run as the Republican nominee for Michigan’s 91st District House Seat. Ken along with his wife Kay made their plans known last night at the monthly Muskegon County Republican meeting.
Kay will be Ken’s help mate in their endeavor. From financial guru to campaign manager; and all the other plethora of things involved in a campaign; this will be a family affair.



Ken has felt a calling to serve his neighbors and community for awhile now. He had flirted with the idea of running last election cycle, but waited till now to step into the fray.

Ken Punter has called this “calling to serve” Servant Leadership for the 91st. I quote him below.

“I am committed to being a servant leader for a strong and vibrant Michigan as I run to represent the citizens of the 91st District beyond the election in 2010. My platform for state representative is built on the foundation of family and its core values. Strong family values ultimately leads to less government and lower costs. A society based upon the family unit takes care of itself and is not reliant upon a welfare state or socialized government. Strong families lead to lower unemployment, better education, less welfare payments and smaller prison populations.”

Ken further elaborates his idea of serving the people of the 91st by quoting Abraham Lincoln.

"I freely acknowledge myself the servant of the people,
according to the bond of service - the United States
Constitution; and that, as such, I am responsible to them."
- Abraham Lincoln (Aug 26, 1863) Letter to James Conkling

Lastly, I quote Ken again.

“I am not a career politician and will always be connected with the citizens of the 91st District. While it would be easier for me to let someone else be elected as our state representative and complain about the results, I firmly believe that the 91st District seat must be filled by someone who is elected “by the people” and works “for the people”.”

Ken and Kay are busy scrambling to put together a web site, which is in its final stages. They are finding out the intricacies of political campaigns and finance laws. I would think that they would agree that overregulation is a problem here as well as in business.

If you would like to contact them, below are their #s. If you ever wanted to get in on the ground floor of a campaign for a conservative, this is a great place to start. I know they would welcome any offers of help.

Ken and Kay are hoping to run a grass roots campaign. At the meeting Kay put out the word that they are starting to look for volunteers to help with their campaign.

Contact info.

Ken says.

“I am eager to hear from those who I will be serving if elected to office. If you would like to contact either myself or someone within the campaign, use the methods listed below.”


Contact Me By Mail:

Citizens for Ken Punter
P.O. Box 73
Ravenna, MI 49451-0073

Contact Me By E-Mail:

kenpunter@votePUNTER.com

Contact Me By Phone or Fax:

(231) 853-6109

I believe Ken will make a great candidate for the 91st. He is strongly pro family. His small business, Marine and farm background keep his feet firmly planted in reality. His “non career politician” stance along with his “Servant Leadership” slogan are appealing.

I wish them the best in the upcoming campaign. I will be posting info as it becomes available.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

Post script.

Also at our GOP Business Meeting, Jim Riley announced Monday Madness for later that evening after the meeting to be held at the Hearthstone. Jim organized it and promoted it with the help of the Party. As the pictures below show, a good time was had by all. The main point of it was to have an informal discussion about politics, eat something and imbide in some libations. All was accomplished.




Last Sat. I marched with Goeff Hansen in the Pentwater parade. My camera's batteries died and I didn't have replacements. That won't happen again. Below is the only pic. I took. This parade was great. A lot of friendly Republicans lined the streets sometimes 8 deep. We ended up with a full compliment of marchers "Howling for Hansen". Gave out a ton of smarties.

No comments:

COUNTER