This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

HOPE

Hi Dan, don’t worry about me giving up hope. I hope for a lot of things that I never get. You may be too young to remember Rachael Welch. Lol Anyway Obama showed us that we all like to hope for better things. Just because I don’t get what I want doesn’t stop me from hoping to get it in the future. If, as Norm Shinkle told me, Ron Wiser is as good as Norm thinks, and that Norm will be working and giving input into Ron’s plans, all is not lost. I guess I’m still hoping for a Jack Hoogendyk victory, but I hope for the best in either case and as you’ve reminded me. If we want to get anything different done in this party we are the ones who need to do it. We’ll “make do, make it now, and make it work”.

This whole “Bottom Up” thing that I preach about is a long slow hands on process. A labor intensive process. Meeting new people one by one then trying to get them together, get everyone focused on a specific thing. In my case it is conservative ideas like hard work, responsibility, and family. All the social values that make that happen. Individual freedom is the cornerstone of my belief. Anything that furthers our individual freedom to do the hard work of making a better life for ourselves is good in my book.

It is my job not the government’s to decide what is best for me.

Here is a link about the National race for the Republican Chair.
-----link-----
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/24/gop-hopefuls-focus-on-reform/
---------------
We have some pretty good talent running. I don’t know who I would like as Chair, but that is not the point. Notice in the article
------quote-----
The candidates seized on Mr. Blackwell's lead-off question about how the party could beat Democrats at the "ground game," often with lengthy answers about reaching into "blue" districts, enlisting millions of online volunteers and engaging in The candidates seized on Mr. Blackwell's lead-off question about how the party could beat Democrats at the "ground game," often with lengthy answers about reaching into "blue" districts, enlisting millions of online volunteers and engaging in old-fashioned, machine-style precinct organizing.
------------------
I was happy to see that not just the internet was talked about. The part about “reaching into "blue" districts, enlisting millions of online volunteers and engaging in old-fashioned, machine-style precinct organizing.” I was happy to see.

We must remember that when we reach into “blue” precincts we must have a message and to do that we need old-fashioned, machine-style precinct organizing. One on one.

People like Wiser and our leaders at the County level sometimes seem to think that all we need to do is have an internet presence and we will rake in millions. Wiser alluded in amazement how much money Obama raised on line. He just couldn’t get away from the idea of this whole thing being about making money. Somehow the voters (the people) keep getting lost in the shuffle. Sometimes the leaders get lost in their priorities. Sometimes they can’t see the forest for the trees.

I try not to be too naïve or stupid. Sometimes I just can’t help it. Our party gets so caught up in the charts and graphs and power point presentations, that sometimes all they need is someone to state the obvious.
Our party is about one thing. Getting Votes come election time.
How do we do that?
1. Listen to people, find out what they want
2. Figure out how to get it to them, by using our Conservative message.
3. Actually do just that.
4. We do that in two ways Money and Deeds. The money is to help do the deeds and to let people know we are doing them and why. (Promotion), The main thing is doing the deeds. Getting personal with real people, in service orientated efforts. Whether it is fighting for a specific township proposal or putting on a blood drive or food drive etc.

Our County Meetings should be filled with recapping what different actions individual Precincts took in that regard the previous month. We should glory in the help we can give to our communities not scoff at or belittle them. The obvious remains.

POLITICS IS PERSONAL

So back to reality, thanks for the kind words. We should try to figure out a way to get something going. Maybe a political breakfast lunch or dinner for like minded people. How can we get Chris and your Community Service web effort moving? It looks to me like you two may have something good going. What about some type of fundraiser to help raise some of the scholarship money you want to give out? 3 heads are better than one to come up with ideas.

From the National to the Township, It is vital that once we find a volunteer we have something for them to do to keep them interested, something for them to start with so they can find their way in our Party.

Always willing to help if I can. Let me know. It is as you say, we will probably have to change the party on our own. Well now seems like a good time, perhaps the best time.

Regards Bob Carr
aka Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

PS. Say Dan I Think I’m going to put this up as a post on my blog, Bottom up Politics. Hope you don’t mind.

Have a Joyful Christmas and New Year.

No comments:

COUNTER