This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Friday, July 3, 2009

PD + PD = Job Well Done

Wednesday morning as I lay sleeping comfortably in my bed in Muskegon’s Precinct 6; Dan Churchill another precinct delegate from Fruitport was busy doing his job.

I met Dan before the 2008 election. He was running for Trustee of Fruitport Township. I liked him and learned through the course of the election that he was a police officer for the city of Muskegon Heights. He lost the election I’m sorry to say, but I’m proud to say that Dan started coming to County Republican meetings and became a Precinct Delegate. Later life dealt him another blow. The Heights laid off police officers and Dan was one of them.

As you can read in the link below, Dan waited it out and was hired back onto the force; a lucky thing for Muskegon Heights. We are safer because of it.

I realize that being a Precinct Delegate has nothing to do with the story below; but I feel it is indicative of Officer Churchill’s character that he became a Precinct Delegate out of a desire to help. I might like to add that I would like to see Dan run again; but that’s neither here nor there.

I’d like to share my appreciation for Dan Churchill and for a job well done.
He truly knows better than I how to, Live Dangerously.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

-----link-----
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/07/muskegon_heights_police_say_mo.html
--------------
This is link to an article by John S. Hausman | The Muskegon Chronicle. Thursday July 02, 2009, 8:39 PM.

--------------

Below is the praise the team that chased and apprenended them received.
"Mahan praised the work of the city's patrol officers who caught the suspects: Sgt. Shawn Stefanich and officers Dan Churchill, Steve Winston and Rory Rought.

"The team that was working that night did an excellent job at getting these guys," Mahan said. "They hung in there on the chase. They set up a perimeter immediately after the vehicle stopped. It kept all three of the guys that had run in that block, which made it easier to locate them."

Nice work Dan.

No comments:

COUNTER