This site is meant to facilitate the upward flow of information to help our elected officials stay in touch with those they represent. Also as a means to help us (the voters) help our leaders lead.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My apologies to all.

I’ve been so wrapped up in the mechanics of this election, I literally have no time left to blog. This election is turning into my own extreme reality show. To bring my readers and myself up to date I have been operating the Muskegon County GOP Headquarters on Henry and Sherman in Musk. For the last two weeks. I’m there Mon-Fri noon to 5:00. From there I can keep up with my other job which is being the campaign manager for Karen Buie the Muskegon County Clerk. Or so I thought. I also thought I could keep up with watching over and updating the County GOP web site. Oh Well. As soon as I get one thing started in walks a possible vote. DROP EVERYTHING.

I went down there this Sat. morning for example to make sure all was in order for some door to door that Holly Hughes and Karen Buie were going to do. Being Sat. I thought I could catch up on things. NOT I arrived at the HDQ around 7am and started setting up some more stuff we got in, then went to the phone and started calling to make sure things hadn’t changed overnight. People started to come in off the street around 8:30 and they just kept on coming. At 9 I gave up and decided to turn on the lights. !!! I’m almost out of McCain stuff. AGAIN Of course the McCain/Palin stuff is not going to arrive for at least another week. I’ve a list of people over 125 strong that want the McCain/Palin stuff, they all ask me the same question, with varying degrees of incredulity. Where the heck are they. My favorite that I myself have asked is. ARE THEY WAITING TILL AFTER THE ELECTION ?????

Then I started to getting a few people asking to volunteer for the McCain/Palin campaign and I had no where to send them. I just felt stupid as I took their name and numbers, I just tried to not look the part. This Political Thing of Ours is a pretty shaky and loose type of thing. A spur of the minute type of thing. Fueled by a few volunteers doing what they can when they can with nothing like an overall plan only the overwhelming desire to see their side win. A desire that this would be a good thing.

I’m pretty organized and like things to happen in orderly ways and my brain gets fried wondering what is going to happen next. I’m pulling what little hair I have left out as my brain go zonkers. I’m amazed though at how things do eventually work out. Usually for the good. My heart just gets stuck in my throat when I think of some of the obstacles the candidates have faced and what sacrifices some candidates have made to try to see their dream through. I’m coming out swinging next time I hear some “What Can I Bitch About Today” type say “All politicians are crooks“

I hardly have time to check out Drudge. Let alone all the juicy news. There is so much going on in life in this election and I have such a chance to have an imput that I’m like a pig in well I guess the term now is lipstick.

I do love blogging so I'll take a stab at it now and then like tonight in the dark. lol. This political thing is just as great and the helping of others is direct, but this will be over soon enough. For your Grace and Wisdon I thank you Tiny Tim for reminding me that God Blesses Us -- and Everyone.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative.

6 comments:

RightMichigan.com said...

A blog about being too busy to blog. Gotta love it!

Great work out there in Muskegon, by the way... keep it up... things are looking promising all of a sudden.

:)

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com

live dangerously said...

Thanks Nick.
May reality win.
Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative.

The Chef said...

You're right. This election has added LOTS of work on those of us seeking to save our country from the serious dangers of an Obama administration. There is WAY TOO much at stake.

www.sparrowgirls.com
"Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people... of the characters and conduct of their rulers." John Adams

Becca said...

If you're in the Oakland County area tonight, Former Senator Lincoln Chafee (R-RI) will be in Birmingham speaking to a crowd of voters.
1025 E. Maple Rd @ 7:30p!

live dangerously said...

I'm sorry to be late on the reply.
Gotta love John Adams, that mini series was good by HBO. If you get a chance, read Thomas Sowell's book Conflict of Visions then watch the movie again. The experiance will show the struggle then as now as one.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

live dangerously said...

Rebecca, I couldn't make it to Oakland, a little too far for me to go. Hope it went well, he is a good speaker. BTW Dick Morris is being put on by EAG in Muskegon this thurs. morning.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

ps. Hope to start blogging again pretty soon. Thanks for the comment

COUNTER